When we lived in the States and worked as youth pastors, Derrick was also a teacher at Heirway Christian School. Derrick developed a very close relationship with Pastor Draughon. The ministry at Heirway Church has supported from the beginning. As a matter of fact, this laptop that I am using right now was a gift from Heirway.
This past Sunday Derrick preached at Heirway, in Villa Rica, GA. Derrick spoke on vision; Do you have vision? What's God's vision for your life? Are you following Him/it? It was an awesome time of worship and fellowship. After the service 3 people accepted Jesus into their hearts!!! How exciting.
After service we went out to eat with our friends, Robbie & Chasity, and a new friend named Cindy. Pastor Draughon & his family already had a commitment to have lunch with some other people but we all ended up at the same restaurant. Our late lunch time was the baby's nap time. I tried to walk with him, Derrick tried to walk with him. But the winner was, Jan Draughon. She was such a blessing. She just came over, took him from us, and walked with him. It gave us the chance to eat and visit with our friends. She will be an amazing grandmother someday, seeing as she's already an amazing Mom.
Much later that night we had an early, small birthday party for me. It was at Johnny Carino's. We had a nice little private room and it was a fun, last dinner with family.
I have been working like a mad woman today. We finally got our lost luggage, but it was wet and half of the clothes were mildewed. So even though I worked SO VERY HARD at washing all of the laundry before we left, I had to do it all over again today. Joy of my life (said dripping with sarcasm). I'm also cleaning out a bunch of stuff and getting ready to start homeschool again. Derrick has been doing it but I am starting back up after My Anne leaves next week. Our daughter is ready to start reading so I'm going to start teaching her, too. She is so desperate to read books that I hope that I can keep up with her demand to learn how to read.
OK...time for snacks, brushing teeth, potty & bed. For the kids, that is :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate that your laundry a: got lost, b: was mildewed when you got it. :( I am glad though that you had a great stay and that you are back and getting into the swing of things. :)
Post a Comment