Saturday, September 6, 2008

Call me "David" because I conquered Goliath...

Yesterday was a busy, busy day for us. First, we woke up a little late. Israel is officially nocturnal and it will just have to be that way until we get back to Mexico. OK, back to our day. We went to have our son & Olivia's picture taken for their upcoming 7th birthday. It was in the middle of Sarah's twin's 2nd b-day photo shoot, so we left right after my boy & Olivia had their pictures made. Then we were off to get a quick bite (so we thought) at Chick-fil-A. When we walked in we were surprised to see our old friend, Randy Roddy, there. We ate lunch with him and towards the end his wife came over to visit, also.

Then we were off to Derrick's grandparent's house. If you don't know his grandparents, I'm sorry...I just can't explain them in one blog. They are a riot and you never know what to expect from them. Anyway, the kids had a blast, even though Grandma couldn't hear a word they said and I kept having to yell what they were saying in her ear. The kids also took turns playing their almost century-old piano that has NEVER been tuned, yet it gets played every Christmas like it's in tune. Speaking of Christmas, I got a picture of our son infront of the Christmas tree that has been up in their house since Derrick put it up in December of 2001. Yes folks, NEVER TAKEN DOWN in 7 years.

After that we were off to Aunt Helen's house. That is Grandma's sister, Derrick's great-Aunt. She is super sweet and a lot more low-key that her sister. Her & Grandma have been huge supporters of our ministry and we appreciate the heritage and blessing that they bring on us, our children, and our children's children. OK, off the bunny trail and back to Aunt Helen. The kids had fun playing with her remote control lights. My son also found a remote to the door bell and started playing tricks on us. It was funny. The kids had a blast with Aunt Helen and so did we!

From there we went to my Mom's house. The kids changed clothes & shoes because WE WERE GOING TO SIX FLAGS!!! The kids had never been and Derrick & I hadn't been since right before I got pregnant with #2; so 5 years ago. First off, Derrick & I rode the Scorcher. It was fabulous! Then Derrick took our oldest to ride the Mind Bender. He told me that he had one hand on the rail and the other on his Daddy's arm. After eating we went to Thomas town and let the kids ride the train. Since Mom wasn't riding anything we decided that she would stay there in Thomas town with the kids while D & I rode a ride. That ride would be GOLIATH!!! Holy Cow! I haven't been that nervous about riding a roller coaster in my life. It was intense. After that we decided that we would check out the Batman Ride. There was nobody in line and we literally walked right on to the ride...gotta love Coke night. After that ride, and my 3rd time feeling light-headed that night, I came to the conclusion that I'm old. My body has had 3 kids and will probably produce another one some day. Things have changed. My mind is saying, "no problem, it's so much fun." My body is saying, "What the crap are you doing to me?" Nonetheless, I felt like a kid again and it was a blast. Our daughter got to meet Bugs Bunny & Daffy Duck. Our oldest also rode the Scream Machine and played a dart/balloon game where he popped 4 balloons in a row and won prizes for himself and for his sister. PLUS, 3 college guys won some stuffed lizards that they didn't want and they offered them to the kids. They were super-excited about that. To top the night off, Mom, D, & the 2 older kids went on the Monster Plantation. Nothing but the classics. We had a fabulous night with Mom and Six Flags!

Now I am trying to pack our stuff back up and decide what might have to stay until we come back for Thanksgiving. Tough stuff.

I have pictures but I'm not on my computer. Maybe I'll do pics later. We have tons from Grandpa & Grandma Blasczyk's and Aunt Helen's.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena