V-A-L-A-R-I-E!!!
I am dog tired. I have absolutely loved having Dwayne, Bruce & Jon here. But it has come at a price. That price is our sleep. Last night was the earliest that I have gone to sleep and that was 2:00 a.m. Not only am I tired, but the kids are tired, too. I think today may have sent us all over the edge. We have company, we are tired, and it was our turn to host the team meeting. Not everyone showed up from the team, so that helped. Nonetheless, we still had 10 extra people in our house, on top of the 8 that were already here. It's fun and I love it. I love hosting and I love serving. It's my poor body that's saying, "Slow down, sister"! Usually we go to the Lee's house on Wednesday nights, but tonight I made the choice to stay home with the kids. Hopefully they can get in bed at a decent hour.
Since it was raining today, the team kids couldn't play outside. I also wouldn't allow them to play in the kids' rooms since the rooms are being used by our guests. We have a little office space in the hall way upstairs. I set up the TV & DVD player for the kids to watch movies up there. I also put out a little mattress cover & some pillows for them to lay on while watching the movie. After everyone had left I walked up stairs to find this....
Poor baby. She's tuckered, too. But like me, if you asked her if she wanted our guests to go home, she would say "NO!" :-) Our lack of adequate sleep is only temporary. Our memories of having our friends here are forever.
1 comment:
Bless her heart she is just all tuckered out. :)
Post a Comment