Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

It is the time of year, here in Guadalajara, where all of the furniture stores are having their 50% off sale. We saw a fake leather sectional in a flyer for a really good price. We went today to the store and they didn't have it. But they said that we could reserve it by putting 20% down and then have it when it comes in. That means that we would be putting money down on something that we haven't 1) seen or 2) sat on. They said that they will have it in 2 weeks. But who really knows... In the same store, however, was a couch & love seat set for a little bit more. It was half real leather, half fake leather. It was comfortable and nice, but just a little bit more than we wanted to pay.

We left there and drove to the town of Tonala. We found a furniture store there that will duplicate any couch that we want for a good price. The only thing is that we would have to put money down, then pay the rest when they deliver it. So it's the same issue...paying for something that we haven't 1) seen or 2) sat on. What if they delivered it and I absolutely hated it?

And I guess that I should put this in here...here, you just can't return things as easily as you can in the States.

As much as I could say that I have a decision to make, I'm just going to wait on the Lord and see what He works out for us.

1 comment:

Valarie Lea said...

I think I would wait until I could see it and sit on it.

 
Designed by Lena