Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What kind of a mother am I?



My daughter caught on to a little habit of mine. I keep a think of chocolate icing in the refridgerator. When I am in need of a chocolate fix, I get a spoonful. I also do the same thing with peanut butter. My daughter refers to it as "chocolate on a spoon". She asks for it every morning. And every morning I tell her that she can't have chocolate for breakfast. Well this morning I tried to get her to eat something else. She had a banana for breakfast (BTW, my kids are NOT breakfast eaters. I've tried & it's a waste of food b/c they don't eat it). And then I caved and gave her chocolate on a spoon. I feel like Lorelai Gilmore with eating habits I have passed on to my daughter.




The baby is doing well. When he was a few days old he slept through a feeding for the first time. That gave us about 5 hours of straight sleep. Last night we slept about 6 1/2 hours! It was nice, but my body is still very deprived. I've hit the point where I live with a headache because I am so tired. I had it with my daughter, too. I didn't have headaches with our oldest because he was my only child & I would sleep when he slept. Anyway, enough of my sleep-deprivation ramblings.




It's officially rainy season. Our neighbor told us that it was to begin on May 15th, and sure enough, May 15th we had our first storm. We had another one yesterday. And the ironic thing is that Derrick had the car washed yesterday. It always happens that way, doesn't it?






It's not too often that there are pictures of me, since I'm usually behind the camera. I love this picture of me & my baby!

Big sis loving on little bro!

3 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Oh I could just squeeze him... He is so cute! Just look at those cheeks!

You are looking wonderful, hopefully he will give you several more nights of 6 1/2 hour sleep. :)

Valarie Lea said...

Oh and by the way there are two cans of icing in my fridge right now. :o)

Anonymous said...

i love your lorelei gilmore reference...
israel has changed so much already! wow!
i hope you are able to get some sleep soon!! :)

 
Designed by Lena