Friday, May 30, 2008

100!!!






Since I am doing my 100th post on my sister's 22nd birthday, I have decided to write & dedicate this entry to Katie Elizabeth!


I was 9 years, 8 months, & 16 days old when Katie came into my life! She is the daughter of my Mom & Step-dad, therefore making her my half-sister. But in terms of our relationship, there's no "half" about it.


I remember May 30th, 1986 like it was yesterday. I had to go to school because my step-dad wouldn't let me miss school for ANYTHING, not even my sister's birth. I was in the middle of language arts when I received a call over the intercom to come to the office. I had a phone call from Brooks (my step-dad) that I had a sister! I went back to my class and I told my teacher. Now let me tell you, my teacher for L.A. that year was not a nice lady, but a very good teacher. She was tough. But when I told her that I had a sister, she hugged me so hard and was so happy for me that I didn't even know what to think. After school, I was able to go up to Kennestone Hospital and visit my red-haired sister.


I loved Katie from the start, but I was already an antagonizing sister :-). When she was a baby I wanted to play with her all of the time. So I would sneak and wake her up from her nap so that I could play with her. Then as she got older she began to bug the fire out of me, too. It didn't matter that we were 9 years, 8 months, & 16 days apart...we still bugged each other.


I can't believe that I can remember something so vividly that happened 22 years ago. Katie is now in college and is a beautiful woman. I have seen that my love & care for her has turned more into motherly than sisterly, especially now that I have kids. And speaking of, my kids love her! Whenever they stay with my parents Shiloh likes to hang out with her; I think it's because she lets him stay up late :-P. On our last visit to the States, she was ready to have them out of her room so that she could have some privacy. I believe my words were something like, "That's what you get for doing the same thing to me when we were kids." Muah, ah, ah!


For all of you that don't know her (which is most of you) I tell you that Katie is beautiful, joyful, has a child-like heart for God, full of laughter, somewhat gullible but in a fun way, a great softball player, and a loyal friend...you will never meet anyone more loyal to her friends & her word than Katie.


HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE KATIE-LADY!


P.S. ~ In true "Katie Fashion", I stole all of these pictures from her Myspace :-).

2 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

I love picking on my sisters also! The one I pick at the most is my older sister Lisa, she is 7 years older than me. :o)

Melinda said...

This was such a beautiful tribute to your baby sister! I now have a blog "melindahasablog" -- I need to read instructions to figure everything out, but now I can leave you comments. I love you! Mom

 
Designed by Lena