Yes, it is cleaning day...but not for me :-)! The time has come that I am just too huge, and I get too tired too easily, to even attempt to clean an entire house with white tile floors. So our friend, Erika (a member of Pastor Jorge's church), is coming over today to clean the house. Whoo hoo! I told her that I only needed her to sweep, mop, and do the bathrooms. I know that she will do a fabulous job. She cleaned our house for us right before we came back from the States last year. If you can imagine a house, being left alone & uncleaned in a dusty environment for almost 4 months, then you can imagine what Erika walked into last November. The greatest part, though, was when we walked in the door and I didn't have to stress one bit about cleaning toilets & sweeping an inch of dirt off of the floor. We were just able to walk in and live our lives. All of that to say...we love Erika!
Another thing that is a blessing about being here is that getting your house cleaned is not as expensive in the States. We will probably pay Erika about $17 (or 170 pesos). It's just how it is here. The crazy thing is that we know of women that have worked in the States, cleaning houses, and they know how much you make there. They also know how much you make here. It's just different and I don't know why. But I don't complain, because here in Mexico, I can afford to have someone clean my house :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So do you think she will travel? I really need some help with my house.
How much longer?
Post a Comment