The sounds of Guadalajara...interesting & loud. I have become used to most of the sounds...the cow bell that lets you know that the trash guys are coming, the pipe flute to let you know that you can have your knives sharpened, the guys driving by & announcing the produce that they have for sale, the tamale cart that has an insanely loud whistle, the mail guy with his soft whistle, and the occasional, short-lived car alarm. But there are times, like now, where the car alarm has just played on too long and obviously someone isn't home to turn it off, or they are home and they just don't realize that it's their car alarm. I don't really think of our home as noisy anymore, but when people come to visit they make comments like, "it's amazing how you get used to all of the noise here." Hmmm, I guess I just don't pay attention anymore. It's to the point, now, where if we have company, they'll ask what the sound is out in the street and I'm not even aware that there is a sound coming from the street. I wonder what would happen to me if we ever moved to a place very quiet?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment