Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Presidential Candidates...

I think one of the funniest things in the world is to hear that people like George W. Bush and Nancy Reagan are endorsing John McCain. NO DUH!!! Who else will they endorse, a democrat? It's easy to endorse McCain when he's the only Republican for Republicans to endorse. I think it would be more interesting & thought provoking news if the Republicans started endorsing one of the Democratic candidates. I also think it's funny that Fox News decides to waste 10 minutes of my time telling me that Republicans are endorsing Republicans.

Many people have asked us about voting. How will we do it? Well, we do have an absentee form, but I honestly feel that I can't vote for any of the candidates in good conscience. I know that this is probably breaking some sort of ethical rule by telling everyone who I would've voted for, but I would have ONLY voted for Mike Huckabee. I generally vote Republican, but that doesn't mean that I like the Republican candidate that we have now. So I start thinking, do I vote for him just because he's the Republican rep., even if I wouldn't have ever voted for him otherwise? I just can't do it. I've heard many people say that if you don't vote then you have not right to complain about the President. But what if I voted for a President that I would later regret voting for, just because I felt that I had the civic duty to vote?

Just my thoughts. It's probably the last time I'll ever say anything about it.

3 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Good grief my first comment did not take.

So I was saying, boy you are thinking deep today.

I am all the time fussing about when democrates don't listen to the issues and are only voting because of the race, gender, or just because they are a democrate. But I guess we do that as republicans also.

lauren said...

val!! love your blog :) and i totally understand what you mean about the pres candidates. hope you're hanging in there with the heat!!

Jo said...

I'm not voting for the exact same reason. I totally get ya.

Are you crazy uncomfortable yet? I am!!! Kinda hoping Evie comes a bit early...

 
Designed by Lena